Sunday 3 April 2011

An itch I have started to scratch

Well, after wanting something to fill the time when I am at home, and need something to do(other than work on my new house). I have come upon a new idea for a mobile application. It has something to do with a relatively new hobby of mine, tabletop gaming. More specifically, Dungeons and Dragons, 3.5 Edition.

This is my first real foray into Java programming in some years. I have been C# and .Net programming pretty much since I got out of university. This is also the first real Android project I am committing to, with plans at a later date to port it over to iPhone/Pad and Windows Mobile 7... Blackberry can go screw themselves, as I do not see them as worthy of my attention. Who really buys those anyways, except stuffed shirts?

But back to the project... I see it as a bit of a massive undertaking, as there is a lot of material to go through. But hey, I figure I have to try. This guy, Torsten Wiederkehr, created this awesome d20 character sheet app, and I love it. It is what has inspired me. So, Mr. Wiederkehr, I salute you, and thank you. I am in for a lot of pain, but I will get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment